With this design change, we are able to provide a more visually refined web experience to make navigating the same online features you’ve learned to expect even easier.
The changes include:
- Moving the Resource Center (“I want to…”) section from the left side of your screen to the main navigation bar near the top and relabeling it as “Help.”
- Moving the Financial Education section from the left side of your screen to a spot under the rotating marketing banner section and giving it a new icon.
- Removing individual news blurbs from our homepage and making them available through our microsite, MEBytes, instead; simply click on the “What’s New” wording right below the rotating marketing banner section to access and read breaking news from your credit union.
- Adding “Alerts” as an item under the rotating marketing banner section; this is where you will learn when online banking/bill pay will be down due to routine maintenance being performed … notices of phishing attempts and other scams perpetrated against members … early branch closures due to snow, tornado warnings, etc.
- Moving the “search” feature from the bottom to the top of our homepage
- Renaming some of the items in the main navigation bar and adding Contact Us to the list
- Moving links to our mobile banking apps and social media channels from the bottom to the left side of your screen, right under the online banking sign-in section
- Adding all of our branch locations (for use by all members) to the bottom (our branch at 3200 South Second Street in the Soulard area can only be used by NGA employees who have accounts with Arsenal)
- Reconfiguring our Rates & Fees page so anchoring to specific parts is more precise
- Creating web tiles as another way to apply for an auto or home loan through our website (the tiles complement our Online Applications link that we continue to have at the top of our homepage, as well as links that we continue to have within our various Loan pages)
As for online banking, this portion has virtually remained the same. You can still log into your online banking accounts via the AccessPoint login portal to the left side of your screen.