In addition to providing members with the best service possible, employees at ACU also go beyond and above when it comes to giving back to the community. In 2016, staff donated a total of 1,028 hours to various charities, nonprofit agencies and schools in the area. It took an enormous amount of effort, coordination and teamwork to exceed the annual goal established by the board and senior management.
By the numbers:
- 1,090 sack lunches: Made by Arsenal employees and distributed to those who are homeless and at risk of being homeless
- 735 care packages: Distributed to less-fortunate adults and teens
- 112 hours in the classroom: Taught students at various grade levels (elementary, middle and high school) about proper money management and financial issues
- 82 hours in parades: Encouraged parents to teach their children about the importance of saving money through literature handed out during parades at community festivals
- 55 hours at shred and recycling events: Partnered with American Document Destruction and MRC Recycling to destroy sensitive documents for the community and to give new life to old electronics
The causes we supported were diverse and spread throughout the year. Our various efforts included a hat, mittens and gloves drive, a backpack food drive, a back-to-school supply drive and a pet supply drive. We also partnered with some local and national charity drives, including Warner’s Warm-up, which helps distribute coats to those in need during the winter, and Toys for Tots, a drive for donating new toys sponsored by the Marine Corps.
We look forward to our social responsibility efforts in 2017 and contributing even more hours to the community.